Mbarara University Department of Nursing Admission Requirements 2022
Mbarara University Department of Nursing Entry Requirements 2022: See below the undergraduate and postgraduate entry requirements.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Courses
BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE (BNSc)
A candidate shall be eligible for admission into the BNSc program if he/she meets the following criteria: A candidate must have: –
- At least six (6) passes at the Uganda Ordinary certificate of Education or its equivalent taken at the same sitting and prior to sitting for Uganda Advanced certificate of Education, UACE.
- At least two (2) advanced level passes in Chemistry and Biology (or Zoology) and at least subsidiary passes in Physics or Mathematics of the UACE examination taken at the same sitting.
- Evidence of attendance of course of general studies in preparation for the general paper of the UACE its equivalent.
- Selected the BNSc course as one of the choices at the time of application.
Mbarara University Department of Nursing Entry Requirements
Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Courses
MASTER OF NURSING SCIENCE (MNSc)
General Admission Requirements
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) degree from a recognised institution.
- Recommendation from former Professors and lecturers indicating the candidate’s capacity and potential to pursue advanced studies in Nursing.
- Submission of acceptable requirements following established procedures of the Faculty of Medicine and the University.
Specific Admission Requirements
A Candidate seeking admission into the Master of Nursing Science program must:
- Possess the Bachelor of Nursing Science or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a recognized institution of Higher Education.
- Have at least 12 months of practice experience in Nursing.
- Submit two (2) letters of reference from prior professors/ Lecturers or recent employers.
- Have an over-all rating for the BSN or BNSc of at least “Credit.”