Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery History
Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery History: Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery was started in 1954 in line with the government policy of training health workers to address preventive diseases , curative and rehabilitative care needs of the communities in Uganda. The School has grown leaps and bounds and is now recognized as a center of excellence in health training, offering programs leading to the award of certificates and diplomas in Nursing , Midwifery and Pediatric care.
In 2016, the school signed a memorandum of Understanding with Mbarara University of science and Technology as an affiliate to offer a Bachelors degree in nursing completion and the first cohort of the program passed out in 2019 which is a remarkable achievement for the institution.
Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery is located in Eastern Uganda , Jinja district and is a government institution managed under the ministry of Education and Sports.
A Fountain of health training, research and innovation in Africa.
To produce competent health professionals that meet national and international standards through training ,research and innovation in partnership with stakeholders.
- Professionalism – All stakeholders should abide by their professional ethical code of conduct.
- Transparency- Every stakeholder should be open and honest in all dealings related to the institution.
- Time Management – Every stakeholder should perform accurately and as scheduled .
- Integrity- Every stakeholder should be honest and morally upright in thinking, word and action.
- Patriotism- Everything done is in best interest of self, school and country.
GOVERNMENT NURSING SCHOOLS IN UGANDA