International University Of East Africa IUEA Faculty Of Business And Management
IUEA Faculty Of Business And Management – see the list of courses offered and its entry requirements at the Faculty Of Business And Management…
About The Faculty
The Faculty of Business and Management of IUEA is a hub of excellent business education where students acquire knowledge and also practical skills.
The global economy is becoming more competitive due to advancements in technology and market forces at play. As such, business and technology have become inseparable. Efficiency in all spheres of business is being enabled by the incorporation of technology in most business processes. For instance many businesses are using online strategies for purchase, sales, advertising, marketing, etc.
The underlying philosophy of the IUEA MBA is to educate managers, administrators, leaders and entrepreneurs in a manner that is fully conscious of the unique challenges of doing business in Africa.
- Finding business and management solutions that work well within African cultures and systems.
- Focus on case studies and rigorous research that includes publication quality papers.
- Emphasis on in-class discussions, writing, presentations and critical thinking.
MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM
- Masters in Business Administration
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Bachelor of Science in Quantitative Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Tourism Operations Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Public Administration
- Certificate in Business Administration
Qualification for admission to the programme will be through any of the following:
1.From the Ugandan and some other East African Education System
Essential Economics at UACE and minimum of credit pass in Mathematics at UCE level
Relevant Mathematics, History, Geography & Subsidiary Mathematics
Others All others
2. From Kenya
Must have C+ pass grade and above at KCSE
3. From England
Minimum of two GCSE (or equivalent) passes at A-level, minimum C grade
4. International Baccalaureate
Minimum of 26 points
Minimum average of 60%
6. For diploma holders;
A student must have obtained a diploma from a recognized institution of higher learning. The diploma programme curriculum must have contained significant business related content.
Entry Requirements for MBA
RequirementsNormally a Bachelor’s degree of at least second class, lower division or equivalent from a recognised University. Applicants with lower qualifications must satisfy the relevant department and the Postgraduate Admissions Board that they have acquired academic growth, for instance, by evidence of research and publications or a relevant Postgraduate Diploma of Second class division. In some departments, a qualifying course followed by examination is given.
Duration of Programme:
- Full time – 2 Calendar years
- Part time – 3 Calendar years
- Or a related major from an accredited institution with an overall Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) of at least 3.0 or better on a 5.0 scale.
- If an applicant does not meet these stated admission requirements, he/she may be admitted conditionally.
Attending the Faculty of Business and Management qualifies one for an array of leadership positions and other advanced roles in private, public and nonprofit organizations. You’ll have the option to work across industries as a business analyst, human resources generalist, operations manager or marketing specialist. Some business administration graduates also venture into entrepreneurship, creating their own successful businesses from the ground up.
2023/2024 Admissions For Universities in Uganda
2023/2024 Admissions For Universities in Uganda – Admissions are opened for all universities and colleges in Uganda for 2023/2024 academic year. Check this page to apply for admission at your preferred school of choice.
2023/2024 Admissions For Public Universities In Uganda
2023/2024 Admission For Private Universities In Uganda