Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing Admissions 2022-2023
Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing Admissions 2022-2023: Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing announces to the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and other non-degree programmes for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Admission to Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing is open to all qualified candidates as per entry requirements. Prospective applicants should apply through the Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing Online Application System or collect an application form from the admissions office or download the application form from our website.
Prospective students should also take note of the Application Closing Date of Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing as you will not be able to access our online application system after the deadline.
Prospective students must make sure they have the necessary documents required from Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing as your admission will be declined if you do not have the required documents. The documents required for your admission can be found in our entry requirements in the links provided below.
Mode of application and other necessary information such as fees structure and Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing bank account details are also being provided in various links below. We encourage prospective students to thoroughly go through the admission requirements of Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing to prevent mistakes during the online application process or when filling out the application forms.
The university has limited spaces in the residences. Therefore, students are encouraged to apply on time.
Note that admission into an academic program does not automatically mean a successful admission into the university. Successful candidates will be notified if they are successful to pursue or programmes.
Note that you are advised against submitting false documentations and forged information. This is illegal and an offence punishable by law.
- The duly filled forms must reach the Admissions Office not later than the date indicated on the advertisement and the Admission Forms calling for applications for the particular admission season.
- Only applicants who meet the required minimum entry qualifications for the University should submit the application forms.
- All new students are required to report for the orientation programme during the week preceding the beginning of the academic year. (i.e., 1 week before the start of the programmes).
- Successful applicants under private sponsorship will be registered only after they have paid the required semester University fees.
- Fees paid will not be refunded.
- All students, if accepted, are expected to conform entirely to University regulations as stipulated in the Students’ Handbook.
- The deadline for registration for first year students will be two weeks from the first day of the orientation week.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, no student will be allowed to change subjects/courses later than the Friday of the fourth week after the beginning of the first semester. Transferring from one academic programme to another will be allowed only where the student has the required admission criteria for the academic programme for which transfer is being sought and a vacancy exists in that programme.
- Every student admitted to Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing is considered to have been committed to a particular program of study for the full duration of that specific program.
Below is other information about Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing you may be interested in; Click on the respective LINKS to view full details
The applicants must have successfully completed ordinary and advanced secondary education or its equivalent for external applicants. Ordinary level applicants must have passes in English, mathematics, Biology, chemistry and physics whereas the advanced must have two principle passes in Biology and Chemistry.
Admission is through Business Technical vocational education and training department ministry of education and sports who organise interviews, certificate for the certificate course and joint admission board for Diploma course candidates. The school offers skills under the following departments.
Under this department, nurses are trained to offer specialized care to the mentally sick. The practical skills are done both in the Clinical Skills laboratory and in Butabika Hospital, where various therapies are offered to individualized patients depending on the nature of the illness. The nurses are expected to do a thorough assessment of the patient and make a nursing care plan in reference to the nursing process.
Counselling and Guidance
Under this department, nurses are equipped with skills in offering psycho therapy to the patients who come with or develop psychological problems during and after the course of illness. It also involves talking and guiding the patients’ relatives on how to handle and manage the patient after discharge. It is aimed at helping patients find possible solutions to their problems
Note that various programmes available at Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing may be opened for applications on different admission dates hence this page will be updated as soon as Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing releases any of its application dates.
Also, if you are unable to access the Butabika School of psychiatric Nursing admissions or find what you needed or you have any correction regarding this post, Please, kindly DROP A COMMENT below for a prompt response.